Next weekend is our BIOBLITZ!
It’s SO EASY to help out! Look for fliers in Acton Memorial Library in the atrium next to the WildAware poster! All you have to do is be outdoors and look for wildlife, from bugs to beavers and email us the locations and wildlife lists. Thanks! We’ll post our results and have a wildlife appreciation gathering at NARA on Sept. 11. For more info, read the latest article in the Beacon on Wicked Local! http://boxborough.wickedlocal.com/news/20160609/acton-wildaware-just-one-week-before-bioblitz
Who Are We?
- Acton WildAware is sponsored by the Acton Natural Resources Department and has been endorsed by the Acton Conservation Commission and the Acton Board of Selectmen. However, it does not necessarily represent the opinions of employees or elected officials of the municipal government. The page is managed by volunteer members of the Acton Land Stewardship Committee with assistance from Acton Natural Resources Staff.
- The purpose of Acton WildAware is to educate the community about the existence and habits of wild creatures with whom we share our natural resources.
- The goal of WildAware is to increase community awareness of shared habitats in order to protect and conserve our wild and native animals.
- The following strategies are employed to accomplish the goals:
- Monthly articles are submitted to the local Acton/Boxborough Beacon newspaper http://acton.wickedlocal.com/
- The public is invited to submit local wildlife photographs which we will use to create seasonal posters install at 3 libraries (Acton Memorial, West Acton Citizens’, Sargent Memorial Library in Boxborough).
- Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ActonWildAware/info/?tab=page_info
- Instagram account
- Bioblitz Activity June 17-18
- Wildlife Appreciation Day at NARA Park on September 11, 2016
- Acton TV http://actontv.org/ Acton TV is a membership organization devoted to public access television and the citizens who make it possible. Members are independent producers and create programming for themselves or the organization they represent. By law, public access is open to all citizens and to all viewpoints, and for only non-commercial purposes. Executive Director, Marc Ducit email@example.com (978) 263-6033 ext 301
- AB PIP STEM http://www.actonpip.org/
- Acton-Boxborough (AB) Parent Involvement Project (PIP) hosts K-12 educational enrichment events in Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM) in Acton and Boxborough, Massachusetts.
For questions, more information, or to submit wildlife photos, please contact: NR@ACTON-MA.GOV
Town of Acton Natural Resources Department
472 Main Street
Acton, MA 01720
Office Phone: 978.929.6634